[horde] Refuse users without mailbox

Brandon Ramirez brandon.s.ramirez at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 15:18:29 UTC 2008

I did a quick Google search for "requiring group membership PAM" and the
first result is below:

http://dev.splitbrain.org/view/darcs/pam-require/README

There is some example configuration for doing exactly what I suggested:

account    required   pam_require.so @dialin

That will require that a user be a member of the 'dial-in' group for
authentication to succeed.  This line goes in the PAM service file for your
IMAP and FTP servers.  You probably want a better name than dial-in though
:)

Since PAM is an abstraction layer for authentication, you need to define the
groups in your UNIX passwd/group files (or LDAP, NIS, etc.).

- Brandon