[horde] dimp on initail login

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Thu Mar 27 13:52:43 UTC 2008

> Well I tried that and it is ugly. I ended up with two toolbars.
> What I was hoping for was a bit I could flip that would give the users
> the same choice as the
> traditional login screen gives.
> Thanks anyways.
> /sd

Yeah, it is ugly.  I'm not sure if we can expect a prettier solution
built into horde before IMP, DIMP and MIMP are combined into a single
product.

Part of the advantage of an SSO is that you don't have to present
users an application specific login screen.  If you want to display a
screen that allows them to choose IMP or DIMP before entering the
application, you could set hordeauth to false in servers.php, and
modify the login screen template such that  it only offers the IMP /
DIMP choice.  I'd probably pre-populating the username and password
fields with the information provided by the SSO (probably hiding them
completely).

Or, you could create a little php script that modifies the
initial_application value in the preference database, and then
redirects you to horde.  Something like..

   https://webmail.example.edu/?dimp
   https://webmail.example.edu/?imp

The index.php in the document root would accept one of those two
values (with a default), connect to the prefs database, change the
initial application pref, and then enter horde, creating a new
session.  Horde would then direct the user to the appropriate
application.

Liam