[horde] Using GIT for Horde?

Thomas Koch thomas at koch.ro
Tue Apr 15 08:00:57 UTC 2008

Hi,

I just finished to import the Horde CVS in GIT. Since the import took three
days, I want to give you the possibility to play around with the GIT repo if
you like.

I saw a discussion about switching the Horde repo to SVN in your bugtracker.
Maybe you want to skip one step and go directly to a distributed system? I'm
still learning GIT and I admit, that it's as complicate as learning VIM or
Emacs. But I think that using GIT (or another distributed system) is equally
live changing like the switch from a simple notepad to VIM.

My import is still not perfect, because I did not manage to get the whole
Horde CVS into one GIT repo. Now I put every module in a separate repo. You
can get a clone via

mkdir my_horde_modules
cd my_horde_modules
git clone http://git.koch.ro/horde/MODULENAME/.git

Note that the GIT repo can lack some hours behind the CVS repo.

Best regards,

--
Thomas Koch, Software Developer

Young Media Concepts GmbH