[horde] Horde Webmail authentification methods

Petar Kazakov petar.kazakov at dobrosoft.com
Sun Apr 20 14:28:42 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Devine [mailto:sd at msu.edu]
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 8:28 PM
To: Petar Kazakov
Cc: horde at lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [horde] Horde Webmail authentification methods

Petar Kazakov wrote:
> I was missing the smtphost and smtpport, but ...
>
> I added them, same :-/
> Yes through telnet everything is working just fine :-)
>
> Which is quite strange :-/
>
> The other strange thing is
>
> Apr 18 18:46:35 mail authdaemond: SQL query: SELECT id, pw_passwd, "",
> pw_uid, pw_gid, pw_dir, "", "", pw_gecos, "" FROM vpopmail WHERE id =
> "peter at example.com"
> Apr 18 18:46:35 mail authdaemond: mysql_query failed, reconnecting:
Unknown
> column 'id' in 'field list'
> Apr 18 18:46:35 mail authdaemond: mysql_query failed second time, giving
up:
> Unknown column 'id' in 'field list'
>
> The SQL query is not accurate,
> The courier-imap is correctly setup (every field is correctly described in
> authmysqlrc) and obviously working ... but not with horde :-(
>
> Peter

AUTH=CRAM-SHA256
>> IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION STARTTLS] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2005
>>
> Double
>
>> Precision, Inc.  See COPYING for distribution information.
>>
>> Pete
>>

> Ok then whats your imp/config/servers.php have in it?
> Heres a sample:
> $servers['imap'] = array(
>         'name' => 'IMAP Server',
>         'server' => 'localhost',
>         'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
>         'port' => 143,
>         'smtphost' => 'localhost',
>         'smtpport' => 25,
>         'maildomain' => 'sample.com',
>         'realm' => '',
>         'preferred' => '',
>         'hordeauth' => false,
>
> );
>
> You also should be able to
> 'telnet  localhost  143'
> then after the banner
> 'a login username password'
> 'a examine inbox'
> 'a logout'

Well are you putting users in the sql DB cause I don't think thats the
route you want to take unless all your users are in the SQL DB.
IE:
 If you  were accessing your imap server  via Thunderbird or Outlook
would the imap server find your users in a SQL DB? Or a passwd file?

--
Steve Devine
Email & Storage

313 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-432-7327

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra

I'm using a qmail+Vpopmail which has own DB with all the users etc.
And the courier-imap is config to use that DB.

Is there any variable that I can setup my preferable auth method, something
like $conf['auth']['method']?
In few places in the code I saw comparing between user method and all
available or the best one.

Peter