[horde] spammers targeting horde/imp as spamming tool

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 12:45:21 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 11:27 PM, Sn!per <sniper at home.net.my> wrote:
> Then D G Teed <donald.teed at gmail.com> said:
>

> > I've seen one other reference to setting the recipient limit, but I too
> > would need to upgrade to 1.1.
> >

>  Excuse me but where can that limit be set ?

Chuck Hagenbuch has answered this for the newer Horde.
It isn't available for older versions.

> > I've denyed web access to 4 IPs now which were clearly spamming.
> > Mostly in Nigeria, and one in South Asia.  They must have some
> > automated way of working with imp to compose the spam quickly.
> >

>  Can I find that IP in horde.log ? And what should I tell my sysadmin ?

In the Horde setup Administration screen, go to the Logging tab
and select PEAR_LOG_INFO for the logging level.  In the horde.log
if there is someone sending a lot of email or to many recipients, you
will be able to see what IP they are coming from and whose account
was used, as well as where the email is going to.

--Donald