[horde] Client side calendar posting to Horde WebDAV, alarms not being honored by Horde

Ryan Steele rsteele at archer-group.com
Wed Apr 30 21:06:35 UTC 2008

Hey folks,

I've been having some problems getting reminders to work with Horde.  I
have a client-side mail/calendar app (Thunderbird 2.0.0.12 + Lightning
0.8) which I use to subscribe to my Horde calendar via the WebDAV
interface.  I can create new events on the calendar I've subscribed to,
but if I add a reminder when creating the event, I can log in to the
Horde web interface and see there is actually no reminder for the event
at all.  I ran Wireshark server-side to capture the interaction between
my client app and the webserver, and I can see from the capture that the
reminder/alarm data is being sent... here is the relevant part of the
.ics file (only the event in question) that was sent across the wire:

BEGIN:VEVENT
CREATED:20080430T202134Z
LAST-MODIFIED:20080430T202144Z
DTSTAMP:20080430T202134Z
UID:0e1a5b18-3dc9-4949-bb1c-8db77423e3ed
SUMMARY:New Event
DTSTART;TZID=/mozilla.org/20071231_1/America/New_York:20080501T110000
DTEND;TZID=/mozilla.org/20071231_1/America/New_York:20080501T120000
BEGIN:VALARM
TRIGGER;VALUE=DURATION:-PT15M
ACTION:DISPLAY
END:VALARM
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

The event gets added to Horde mostly intact, save for the alarm.  Is
this a bug, or is Horde expecting a different descriptor (e.g., ALARM
instead of VALARM or something)?

Horde 3.2-RC1
Kronolith 2.2-RC1

Thanks,