[horde] Distributing horde load

Filipe Azevedo fazevedo at netmadeira.com
Mon May 5 14:57:45 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

    Im kind of new to the horde framework and all, but so far so good,
there are only a couple issues I still bump into every once in a while
but generaly Im doing ok with it. Congrants on the good job you people
did so far! :)

    Now there is something really really bugging me, Im trying to
assemble a scallable webmail solution using horde/imp along with a
couple extras like kronolith and Turba... I've managed to set the latest
release candidates up and running on a single server, using IMAP
authentication and MySQL backend for sessions, preferences and
everything else, and ofcourse memcache to make it all better ^^. So far,
so good, but when I try to move the database into an external server (on
a Gigabit LAN) so that I have a shared database between all webmail
frontends, horde just wont let me log in anymore... It just wont load
the login page and just gets stuck! So Im wondering if anyone has been
through the same and doesnt mind sharing a solution?

Best Regards,

Filipe Azevedo