[horde] Important Information Regarding Your weather.com XML Data Feed (fwd)

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed May 7 21:01:15 UTC 2008

Quoting Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu>:

> I received this message from Weather.com about a week ago.
>
> They have some particularly onerous requirements, such as displaying their
> 5 included advertising links.  As far as I can tell, I'm not violating
> their terms of service except for the 5 links requirement, but they still
> have disabled my Weather.com access today.
>
> I guess I'll contact them to ask specifically why they disabled us.

Are you sure you are disabled?  I think that there might have been a
change in the XML file that is returned and Services_Weather is not
properly parsing it.

If you put the url to access the feed in your browser, do you receive
the feed? I do...

http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/30339?cc=*&dayf=5&link=xoap&prod=xoap&par=[PartnerID]&key=[LicenseKey]