[horde] I can't install SyncML and XML_WBXML

Alexa Rodríguez avrodriguez at jusbaires.gov.ar
Tue May 20 21:39:24 UTC 2008

Hi!

Excuseme my english.

I'm trying install SyncML and XML_WBXML way "pear", but I could not.
I follow  the instructions  the next web page:
http://wiki.horde.org/SyncMLCustomBackend.

Versions of installed packages are: S.O debian etch,  php-pear
5.2.0-8, php5   5.2.0-8.

Here is the result of the command "pear list":

Installed packages, channel pear.php.net:
Package            Version  State
Archive_Tar        1.3.2    stable
Cache              1.5.5RC4 beta
Console_Getopt     1.2.3    stable
DB                 1.7.13   stable
Date               1.4.7    stable
File               1.3.0    stable
HTTP_Request       1.4.2    stable
HTTP_WebDAV_Server 1.0.0RC4 beta
Log                1.10.1   stable
MDB2               2.4.1    stable
MDB2_Driver_mysql  1.4.1    stable
Mail               1.1.14   stable
Mail_Mime          1.5.2    stable
Mail_mimeDecode    1.5.0    stable
Net_DIME           0.3      beta
Net_FTP            1.3.6    stable
Net_SMTP           1.3.0    stable
Net_Socket         1.0.8    stable
Net_URL            1.0.15   stable
PEAR               1.7.2    stable
SOAP               0.11.0   beta
Services_Weather   1.4.3    stable
Structures_Graph   1.0.2    stable
XML_Parser         1.2.8    stable
XML_Serializer     0.18.0   beta
XML_Util           1.1.4    stable

These are the steps I have followed

1. pear channel-discover pear.horde.org

2. pear install horde/SyncML
Failed to download horde/SyncML within preferred state "stable", latest
release is version 0.0.4, stability "alpha", use
"channel://pear.horde.org/SyncML-0.0.4" to install
Cannot initialize 'channel://pear.horde.org/SyncML', invalid or missing
package file
Package "channel://pear.horde.org/SyncML" is not valid
install failed

3. pear install horde/SyncML-0.0.4
horde/SyncML requires package "pear/XML_WBXML"
No valid packages found
install failed

Then try

4.  pear install horde/XML_WBXML
Ignoring installed package horde/XML_WBXML
Nothing to install

Or

5. pear install XML_WBXML
No releases available for package "pear.php.net/XML_WBXML"
Cannot initialize 'channel://pear.php.net/XML_WBXML', invalid or missing
package file
Package "channel://pear.php.net/XML_WBXML" is not valid
install failed

What's the problem ?

Cheers, Aleka