[horde] login problems sles 10 sp2

Detlef Kreutzer ukreutzer at mac.com
Tue May 27 16:28:43 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm running horde groupware webmail edition on Suse Enterpris Server 10 SP1.
All is running well. After I've made the update to SP2 I can't login to
horde anymore.

Below is the output of test.php:

PHP Mail Server Support Test
*Attempting to automatically determine the correct connection parameters
for your server:*

    * /Trying protocol imap/notls, Port 143:/

          ERROR - The server returned the following error message:
          Retrying CRAM-MD5 authentication after user not foundRetrying
          CRAM-MD5 authentication after user not foundSECURITY PROBLEM:
          insecure server advertised AUTH=PLAINCan not authenticate to
          IMAP server: encryption needed to use mechanism

    * /Trying protocol imap/ssl, Port 993:/

          ERROR - The server returned the following error message:
          Can't connect to localhost,993: Connection refusedCan't
          connect to localhost,993: Connection refused

    * /Trying protocol imap/ssl/novalidate-cert, Port 993:/

          ERROR - The server returned the following error message:
          Can't connect to localhost,993: Connection refusedCan't
          connect to localhost,993: Connection refused

    * /Trying protocol imap/tls/novalidate-cert, Port 143:/

          ERROR - The server returned the following error message:
          Unable to negotiate TLS with this server

These are the installed horde applications:

Horde Version

    * Horde: 3.1.6

Horde Applications

    * Gollem: H3 (1.0.3) (run Gollem tests
      <http://ukserver.grafik.kreutzer/horde_alt/gollem/test.php>)
    * Horde: 3.1.6
    * Imp: H3 (4.1.6) (run Imp tests
      <http://ukserver.grafik.kreutzer/horde_alt/imp/test.php>)
    * Ingo: H3 (1.1.5) (run Ingo tests
      <http://ukserver.grafik.kreutzer/horde_alt/ingo/test.php>)
    * Kronolith: H3 (2.1.7)
    * Mnemo: H3 (2.1.2)
    * Nag: H3 (2.1.4)
    * Turba: H3 (2.1.6) (run Turba tests
      <http://ukserver.grafik.kreutzer/horde_alt/turba/test.php>)

PHP Version

    * View phpinfo() screen
      <http://ukserver.grafik.kreutzer/horde_alt/test.php?mode=phpinfo&url=%2Fhorde_alt%2Ftest.php>
    * View loaded extensions
      <http://ukserver.grafik.kreutzer/horde_alt/test.php?mode=extensions&url=%2Fhorde_alt%2Ftest.php>
    * PHP Version: 5.2.5
    * PHP Major Version: 5.2
    * PHP Minor Version: 5
    * PHP Version Classification: release
    * *You are running a supported version of PHP.*

Does anybody has an idea???

Thanks a lot

ukreutzer