[horde] login problems sles 10 sp2

Detlef Kreutzer ukreutzer at mac.com
Wed May 28 16:58:52 UTC 2008

Steve Devine schrieb:
> Detlef Kreutzer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm running horde groupware webmail edition on Suse Enterpris Server
>> 10 SP1.
>> All is running well. After I've made the update to SP2 I can't login
>> to horde anymore.
>>
>> Below is the output of test.php:
>>
>> PHP Mail Server Support Test
>> *Attempting to automatically determine the correct connection
>> parameters for your server:*
>>
>>     * /Trying protocol imap/notls, Port 143:/
>>
>>           ERROR - The server returned the following error message:
>>           Retrying CRAM-MD5 authentication after user not foundRetrying
>>           CRAM-MD5 authentication after user not foundSECURITY PROBLEM:
>>           insecure server advertised AUTH=PLAINCan not authenticate to
>>           IMAP server: encryption needed to use mechanism
>>
>>     * /Trying protocol imap/ssl, Port 993:/
>>
>>           ERROR - The server returned the following error message:
>>           Can't connect to localhost,993: Connection refusedCan't
>>           connect to localhost,993: Connection refused
>>
>>     * /Trying protocol imap/ssl/novalidate-cert, Port 993:/
>>
>>           ERROR - The server returned the following error message:
>>           Can't connect to localhost,993: Connection refusedCan't
>>           connect to localhost,993: Connection refused
>>
>>     * /Trying protocol imap/tls/novalidate-cert, Port 143:/
>>
>>           ERROR - The server returned the following error message:
>>           Unable to negotiate TLS with this server
>>

>> These are the installed horde applications:
>>
>> Horde Version
>>
>>     * Horde: 3.1.6
>>
>> Horde Applications
>>
>>     * Gollem: H3 (1.0.3) (run Gollem tests
>>       <http://ukserver.grafik.kreutzer/horde_alt/gollem/test.php>)
>>     * Horde: 3.1.6
>>     * Imp: H3 (4.1.6) (run Imp tests
>>       <http://ukserver.grafik.kreutzer/horde_alt/imp/test.php>)
>>     * Ingo: H3 (1.1.5) (run Ingo tests
>>       <http://ukserver.grafik.kreutzer/horde_alt/ingo/test.php>)
>>     * Kronolith: H3 (2.1.7)
>>     * Mnemo: H3 (2.1.2)
>>     * Nag: H3 (2.1.4)
>>     * Turba: H3 (2.1.6) (run Turba tests
>>       <http://ukserver.grafik.kreutzer/horde_alt/turba/test.php>)
>>
>> PHP Version
>>
>>     * View phpinfo() screen
>>
>> <http://ukserver.grafik.kreutzer/horde_alt/test.php?mode=phpinfo&url=%2Fhorde_alt%2Ftest.php>
>>
>>     * View loaded extensions
>>
>> <http://ukserver.grafik.kreutzer/horde_alt/test.php?mode=extensions&url=%2Fhorde_alt%2Ftest.php>
>>
>>     * PHP Version: 5.2.5
>>     * PHP Major Version: 5.2
>>     * PHP Minor Version: 5
>>     * PHP Version Classification: release
>>     * *You are running a supported version of PHP.*
>>

>> Does anybody has an idea???
>>

> This is an imap problem not horde.
> what happens when you telnet imapserver-ip 143
> A working imap server will answer something like this depending on the
> imap software:
> #####################
> Escape character is '^]'.
> * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE
> [...]
Thanks to Steve. But here is my telnet protocol:

xxxx.xxxxxx:~> telnet 127.0.0.1 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK ukserver Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.12 server ready
AB LOGIN xxxx xxxx
AB OK User logged in
BC SELECT "Inbox"
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen $NotJunk JunkRecorded
$Junk No nJunk Junk $MDNSent $Forwarded)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen $NotJunk
JunkReco rded $Junk NonJunk Junk $MDNSent $Forwarded \*)]
* 86 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [UNSEEN 82]
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1205712915]
* OK [UIDNEXT 4449]
BC OK [READ-WRITE] Completed
ZZZZ LOGOUT
* BYE LOGOUT received
ZZZZ OK Completed
Connection closed by foreign host.

It works. Also I can get my Emails by Emailclients like thunderbird.