[horde] login problems sles 10 sp2

Steve Devine sd at msu.edu
Wed May 28 19:02:08 UTC 2008

Steve Devine wrote:
> Detlef Kreutzer wrote:
>
>> Steve Devine schrieb:

>>> This is an imap problem not horde.
>>> what happens when you telnet imapserver-ip 143
>>> A working imap server will answer something like this depending on the
>>> imap software:
>>> #####################
>>> Escape character is '^]'.
>>> * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE
>>> THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL
>>> ACL2=UNION] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2005 Double Precision,
>>> Inc.  See COPYING for distribution information.
>>> ##############

>> Thanks to Steve. But here is my telnet protocol:
>>
>> xxxx.xxxxxx:~> telnet 127.0.0.1 143
>> Trying 127.0.0.1...
>> Connected to 127.0.0.1.
>> Escape character is '^]'.
>> * OK ukserver Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.12 server ready
>> AB LOGIN xxxx xxxx
>> AB OK User logged in
>> BC SELECT "Inbox"
>> * FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen $NotJunk JunkRecorded
>> $Junk No nJunk Junk $MDNSent $Forwarded)
>> * OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen $NotJunk
>> JunkReco rded $Junk NonJunk Junk $MDNSent $Forwarded \*)]
>> * 86 EXISTS
>> * 0 RECENT
>> * OK [UNSEEN 82]
>> * OK [UIDVALIDITY 1205712915]
>> * OK [UIDNEXT 4449]
>> BC OK [READ-WRITE] Completed
>> ZZZZ LOGOUT
>> * BYE LOGOUT received
>> ZZZZ OK Completed
>> Connection closed by foreign host.
>>
>> It works. Also I can get my Emails by Emailclients like thunderbird.
>>

> So what do you have in your imp/config/servers.php file?

I was rereading this and I wonder if your pam file got written over in
the last patch? Of interest is why it says user not found.
Where is it looking for a user? why doesn't this effect your regular
imap clients. Also I have been tripped up by Suse'e entrys for localhost
in /etc/hosts You might want to use the fqdn in imp/config/servers.php

--
Steve Devine
Email & Storage

313 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-432-7327

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra