[horde] Fwd: Re: PNG transparency problems

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jun 2 12:08:19 UTC 2008

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von orangeside at gmail.com -----
     Datum: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 14:04:49 +0200
       Von: Orange Side <orangeside at gmail.com>
   Betreff: Re: [horde] PNG transparency problems
        An: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>

Oopss...
 I'm very sorry, don't see: "&QUOT;
 That's what I need to know Cenks and sorry for the ¿offtopic?
 B.
2008/6/2 Orange Side <orangeside at gmail.com[1]>:
I think that my question is in the list:  ".... I DON'T KNOW IF, IN THEORY, THAT IS SOLUTIONED IN HORDE WITH ALPHAIMAGELOADER.PHP ..."
 I see that Horde, by default, use PNG icons with transparency, and I don´t know if already implements a global solution for the bug in Explorer 6 (with /js/alphaImageLoader.php). Solution (?) that doesn't work with my icons directly... In order to solve the problem I try to put my habitual script, neither works.
 Then:
 - I don't know if there is a default solution in Horde -> I think this is the correct list - Assuming this solution exists, I don´t know why doesn't work with my icons (¿format problems?¿configuration?) -> I think this is the correct list - If that solution doesn't work, I want to try a alternative solutión (the script I linked) -> Not in this list, very sorry - But my usual solution doesn't seems to work properly... and I question myself if there is a problem between the default solution (if exists) and my script  -> I think this is the correct list
 Thanks! Borja Delgado
2008/6/2 Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

Keep discussions on the list!

Zitat von Orange Side <orangeside at gmail.com>:

 > I attach three screenshots
>

> 01_FIREFOX.JPG: Firefox, everything is all right.
>
> 02_EXPLORER6_PNG_DEFAULT.JPG: Explorer doesn't support the png's transparency. I don't know if, in theory, that is solutioned in Horde with alphaImageLoader.php.

No, it's not. We use index PNG icons or require IE7 for some themes that use alpha transparency.

> 03_EXPLORER6_PNG_WITHSCRIPT.JPG: The icons with this script applicated[1]. I already use it too many times and never cause this kind os problems.

 That's great for you. What is your question?

>  Could you help me? Thank you very much Borja Delgado
 > 2008/5/30 Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org[2]>:
>  Zitat von Orange Side <orangeside at gmail.com[3]>:
>
> > Hello, first of all sorry for my english, I'm spanish :)
> > We have problems with the png's transparency in IE6. Normally we apply this
> > patch*, but in this case doesn't work.
> > I see other themes using png's with transparency and seems to be a general
> > solution at /js/alphaImageLoader.php, but that doesn't work too.
>
>  What problem exactly do you have or are you trying to solve?
>
> Jan.

>  http://horde.org/consulting/

Orange at GMail

Jan.