[horde] How encoding works in horde?

Piotr Legiecki piotrlg at sci.pam.szczecin.pl
Thu Jun 5 11:36:49 UTC 2008

> I mean PHP and the operating system, namely the iconv and mbstring
> extensions. I didn't write anything about force.

iconv installed, mbstring have no idea, it must be part of the php and
I'm using php5 from debian packages, so I suppose it is there.

Well, so I have set utf-8 in horde sql charset section, forced the
creation of horde database to utf8 (modified create.mysql.sql scrpit
from horde/examples directory and turba is working fine with my national
characters, the same with linux console but the problem is with
phpmyadmin. This beast in spite of using polish utf-8 at login screen
does not display national characters. ups... phpmyadmin is 2.9.1.1. Do
you have working phpmyadmin with national characters (utf8)? I have seen
some mail threads showing problems with phpmyadmin.

Still have no idea why iso8859-2 is broken.

Regards
Piotr