[horde] Fwd: trean

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Jun 8 16:36:22 UTC 2008

Quoting "Michael Rubinsky" <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> Interesting.  I've been thinking about *adding* tags for the longest
>  time, but not replacing the folders with them...  My only concern
> with  *replacing* the folders would be that it would no longer be
> possible  to assign different permissions on different folders.  At
> one time, I  used a "public" folder as a source for an interesting
> links section on  my personal website, but kept all my other links
> private.

One option would be to make shares (nee folders) flat buckets,
containing tags, so you could have areas or "buckets" with
permissions, but mainly browse bookmarks by tags, in any bucket you
can read.

Another idea I'd thought of before, for Ansel mainly, is to use
special tags _as_ permissions. I haven't fully baked that one, though.

-chuck