[horde] Modules with locked prefs still appear in Options

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Jun 18 21:06:10 UTC 2008

Quoting "Chris St. Pierre" <stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu>:

> I'm working on provisioning my Horde 3.2 system, and some modules
> (e.g., Ingo) will have all of their preferences locked.  Despite the
> fact that there's nothing to set, the modules still appear in the
> "Options" menu, but clicking on them yields a page with just the
> module header at the top.  Is there any way to help Horde understand
> that they shouldn't appear at all in the "Options" menu?

See, e.g., this (added to Horde 3.2.1):
http://lists.horde.org/archives/cvs/Week-of-Mon-20080526/079009.html

This prints a message saying there is no available options to change

There is no dynamic way of removing an application from the options list if it contains no prefs because doing so would require us to process the prefs UI for every application on every prefs page generation - way too much overhead.

michael