[horde] Blank screen after installation

jimmi jimmi at 7girello.net
Sat Jun 21 13:11:20 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am installing horde3 on Debian Etch following this page:
http://wiki.debian.org/Horde

I created the tables in the MySQL database, created a Virtual Host on
Apache and connected with Firefox, but the only thing I get is a blank
white screen. If I connnect to test.php I get the following:
Horde Version

    * Horde: 3.1.3

Horde Applications

    * Horde: 3.1.3

PHP Version

    * View phpinfo() screen
    * View loaded extensions
    * PHP Version: 4.4.4-8+etch6
    * PHP Major Version: 4.4
    * PHP Minor Version: 4
    * PHP Subminor Version: 8+etch6
    * PHP Version Classification: release
    * You are running a supported version of PHP.

PHP Module Capabilities

    * Ctype Support: Yes
    * DOM XML Support: Yes
    * FTP Support: Yes
    * GD Support: Yes
    * Gettext Support: Yes
    * Iconv Support: Yes
    * IMAP Support: No
    * LDAP Support: No
    * Mbstring Support: Yes
    * Mcrypt Support: No
      Mcrypt is a general-purpose cryptography library which is broader
and significantly more efficient (FASTER!) than PHP's own
cryptographic code and will provider faster logins.
    * MIME Magic Support (fileinfo): No
      The fileinfo PECL module or the mime_magic PHP extension (see below)
will most likely provide faster MIME Magic lookups than the built-in
Horde PHP magic code. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how
to install PECL/PHP extensions.
    * memcached Support (memcache): No
      The memcache PECL module is needed only if you are using the
memcached SessionHandler. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information on
how to install PECL/PHP extensions.
    * MIME Magic Support (mime_magic): Yes
    * MySQL Support: Yes
    * OpenSSL Support: Yes
    * PostgreSQL Support: No
    * Session Support: Yes
    * XML Support: Yes
    * Zlib Support: Yes

Miscellaneous PHP Settings

    * magic_quotes_runtime disabled: Yes
    * memory_limit disabled: No
      If PHP's internal memory limit is turned on and if not set high
enough Horde will not be able to handle large data items (e.g. large
mail attachments in IMP). If possible, you should disable the PHP
memory limit by recompiling PHP without the "--enable-memory-limit"
flag. If this is not possible, then you should set the value of
memory_limit in php.ini to a sufficiently high value (Current value
of memory_limit: 150M).
    * safe_mode disabled: Yes
    * session.use_trans_sid disabled: Yes
    * session.auto_start disabled: Yes

File Uploads

    * file_uploads enabled: Yes
    * upload_max_filesize: 2M
    * post_max_size: 8M

Required Horde Configuration Files

    * config/conf.php: Yes
    * config/mime_drivers.php: Yes
    * config/nls.php: Yes
    * config/prefs.php: Yes
    * config/registry.php: Yes

PHP Sessions

    * Session counter: 1
    * To unregister the session: click here

PEAR

    * PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path):
/usr/share/horde3/lib:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear
    * PEAR: Yes
    * Recent PEAR: Yes
    * Mail: Yes
    * Mail_Mime: Yes
    * Log: Yes
    * DB: Yes
    * Net_Socket: Yes
    * Date: No
      Horde requires the Date_Calc class for Kronolith to calculate dates.
    * Auth_SASL: No
      Horde will work without the Auth_SASL class, but if you use Access
Control Lists in IMP you should be aware that without this class
passwords will be sent to the IMAP server in plain text when
retrieving ACLs.
    * HTTP_Request: No
      Parts of Horde (HTML composition in IMP, Jonah, the XML-RPC
client/server) use the HTTP_Request library to retrieve URLs and do
other HTTP requests.
    * File: No
      Horde will require the File class when importing CSV files.
    * Net_SMTP: Yes
    * Services_Weather: No
      Services_Weather is used by the weather applet/block on the portal
page.
    * Cache: No
      Cache is used by the Services_Weather module on the weather
applet/block on the portal page.
    * XML_Serializer: No
      XML_Serializer is used by the Services_Weather module on the weather
applet/block on the portal page.

The only critical error I see is the memory limit. I set it also to -1,
which should overcome any limit, but it was the same.

There are no errors in the apache log, and horde.log is empty.

Even the mailing list does not give me any suitable result. May anybody
suggest me something?
--
Jimmi