[horde] Translation on default folders - How?

Filipe Azevedo fazevedo at netmadeira.com
Wed Jun 25 09:50:35 UTC 2008

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von k bah <kbah at linuxmail.org>:
>

>>  Hi,
>>
>>  Since you can set custom names for folders like trash, sent mails,
>> drafts on imp/config/prefs.php, and the Inbox name, for instance,
>> depending on the language chosen from the login page, is shown
>> different, I would like to know if there's a clean way to set the
>> mentioned folders names depending on the language chosen. The
>> problem is Horde chooses, by default, "trash", and some IMAP client
>> may choose Trash (it happened), so I chose "Trash" on
>> imp/config/prefs.php, but some users complain they can't find things
>> (many do not speak english and are tech dummies), so it's necessary
>> to keep telling them to go on "Drafts", or "sent-mail"..
>>  I would like to have all software keep using "default" names, like
>> "Sent", "Drafts", "Trash", but get some translation of it shown on
>> Horde. Is that possible to do without changing code, in a clean way?
>> I don't want to change things so much upgrades will be problematic.
>>

> You can set default names in config/prefs.php, and in IMP 4.2 those
> folder names will be translated by default.
>
> Jan.

Are you sure? Because I am using the latest release versions and from my
experience that will only work if you set the gettext tags on the folder
names set on the preferences, and ofcorse lock the preference... But the
thing is, the IMAP folders will be created attending to the users
selected language, so if the user for whatever reason decides to change
language, he will have a whole new set of IMAP folders... Not to mention
the IMP protected folders configuration becoming impossible to keep up with.

I've managed to work around this issue, by adding gettext tags in
imp/lib/Folder.php:113 imp/lib/IMAP/Tree.php:409 imp/mailbox.php:353 and
static/compose.php:1080

But Im new to horde, so this most likely isnt the best solution...

--
Regards,

Filipe Azevedo