[horde] login authentication HOWTO

SYED JAHANZAiB ~!~ AA Internet Cable.Network Services aacable at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 30 06:11:58 UTC 2008

Hi,
I just installed Horde on Fedora 7 by using yum -y install horde. It seems to install Ok, and I can access horde via http://mysite.com/horde.

I have working sendmail setup on the same machine with OPENWEBMAIL working fine. and I want horde as a front end for webmail checking.

 the problem of horde is not accepting user id password of linux machine, in horde admin setup, / Authentication , I select 'passwd file' and set its location to /etc/passwd , so when i tries to login with any working user id passwd of the mail user, its not logging, its just came back on the login screen . what to check?

Regards,

SYED JAHANZAIB
www.aacablenet.org