[horde] sort sidebar with combined namespaces / partly solved

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Wed Jul 9 15:41:44 UTC 2008

Robert Schetterer schrieb:
> Hi @ll,
> in imp (4.2) with docecot 1.1
> with combined namespaces visable
> sorting is done alphabetical in the sidebar
> (using / delimiter...not the courier way with INBOX)
> is there a way bring up private namespace folders first
> on the sidebar follwed by shared folders maybe with some grey namespace
> like thunderbird does.
>
> I tried the cvs 5.0 it has a view like shared folders switchable
> ( without combined namespace setting ) but the detection of namespaces
> seems to be imcomplete here , cause some namespace came up as folder too.
>
> i looked in imps prefs and on the wiki but didnt find a clear solution
> to the problem, autodetection of namespace in imp 4.2 seems
> to work perfect , without having additional namespace parameter in
> servers.php just as described in update wiki of imp

i tried latest imp 4.2 cvs
the view option dont show folders.... ( not combined namespaces )
here works as expected so inbox folders are shown first,

but with more then one public namespace
in dovecot one namespace comes up like an additional folder
in the folder choose view
( so whatever i think this need a fix )

i just found the big disscussion thread about namespaces
so the solution from horde seems a good way to solve this stuff

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria