[horde] I can't create a new local calendar

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Jul 15 22:49:22 UTC 2008

Quoting Alexa Rodríguez <avrodriguez at jusbaires.gov.ar>:

>> What backend do you have configured for shares?
>
> I have configured backend for shares: "DataTree".
>
> The backend configuration for "Datatree" is "None".
>
> I tried with the option "SQL Database" for backend configuration of
> "Datatree", but then I could not have access to my calendar.
>
> The same ocurred to me, when I change the option of "DataTree" to
> "SQL" in the backend of "Shares"

Well, you *need* to configure one or the other, otherwise you will not
have any shares (i.e. calendars).

> Here, my configuratión file.
>
> Do you have any idea?

I would configure the SQL backend, as it is more efficient, and make
sure that you have the kronolith_share* tables in your database. If
you have existing data, you can run the share conversion script in
scripts/upgrades - that will move any old datatree shares to the new
SQL shares.

You should also check both your webserver error log and the horde log
for any useful messages.

Thanks,
mike

--