[horde] Session issues?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Aug 29 06:05:32 UTC 2008

Quoting Kevin Konowalec <webadmin at ualberta.ca>:

> On Aug 28, 2008, at 7:16 PM, Steve Devine wrote:
>>>
>> Whats this set for in horde/config/conf.php ?
>> $conf['session']['timeout'] =

[snip]

> It is set to 0.  I haven't changed it from the default.  Is that a
> total session timeout or an inactivity timeout?

For memcache, the important setting is 'session.gc_maxlifetime' which
is located in php.ini.  Although looking at the description, this may
not be the proper setting:

session.gc_maxlifetime specifies the number of seconds after which
data will be seen as 'garbage' and cleaned up. **Garbage collection
occurs during session start.**

For memcache, we have no control over when garbage collection occurs,
so using it in this manner for the memcache session handler is not
proper.  We probably need an explicit lifetime configuration option in
the memcache session driver.

michael