[horde] Problem of enable ( show ) Personal MailBox Quota Usage

Steve Devine sd at msu.edu
Sat Sep 6 16:42:30 UTC 2008

edwardspl at ita.org.mo wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Mine is FC6 System and enable build-in quota function ( Linux command ) :
>
> I have ever visit the document as the following :
> http://wiki.horde.org/QuotaHack?referrer=HowTo#
>
> And then, modify the following config files :
>
> For /horde/imp/config/servers.php :
>
> $servers['cyrus'] = array(
>    'name' => 'Mail Server',
>    'server' => 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx',
>    'hordeauth' => false,
>    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
>    'port' => 143,
>    'maildomain' => 'xxx.xxx.xx',
>    'smtphost' => 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx',
>    'smtpport' => 25,
>    'realm' => '',
>    'preferred' => '',
>    'quota' => array(
>    'driver' => 'command',
>    'params' => array(
>    'quota_path' => '/usr/bin/quota',
>     'grep_path'  => '/bin/grep'
>    )
>  ),
> );
>
> For /horde/imp/lib/Quota/command.php :
>
> class IMP_Quota_command extends IMP_Quota {
>
>    /**
>     * Constructor
>     *
>     * @param array $params  Hash containing connection parameters.
>     */
>    function IMP_Quota_command($params = array())
>    {
>        $this->_params = array(
>            'quota_path' => 'quota',
>            'grep_path'  => 'grep',
>            'partition'  => null
>        );
>
>        $this->_params = array_merge($this->_params, $params);
>    }
>
> For Quota setting :
>
> [root at host home]$ ls -l -h aquota*
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10K Sep  5 23:50 aquota.group
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10K Sep  5 23:50 aquota.user
> [root at host home]$
>
> BUT the result is problem :
> http://www.ita.org.mo/~edward/webmail/quota_problem.jpg
>
> Thanks for your help !
>
> Edward.

I am not familiar with the quota function built into Fedora
but it sounds like something that could be run from inside a terminal
This link looks helpful:
http://souptonuts.sourceforge.net/quota_tutorial.html
If I was troubleshooting this I would first confirm that the quota
function works from the command line.
If it does I would next want to investigate whether it will run as the
user that your web server runs as.
If the above does not work I would venture a guess that Horde is /not/
failing in this instance.

Steve Devine
Email & Storage
Academic Technical Services
Michigan State University

313 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-432-7327

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra