[horde] Reminders.php not sending reminders

Steve Devine sd at msu.edu
Wed Sep 17 03:51:34 UTC 2008

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Steve Devine <sd at msu.edu>:
>
>> We are running horde-webmail-1.1.3 and the only way reminders get
>> emailed is if a user logs into the service and uses the calendar.
>> I have a crontab set to run /usr/bin/php kronolith/reminders.php
>> every 5 mins.  I have entries in place for these in
>> kronolith/config/conf.php:
>> $conf['reminder']['server_name'] = '';
>> $conf['reminder']['from_addr'] = '';
>>
>> are there any other configs that need to be in place?
>
> Sorry, are you saying that these are set to empty values in your
> actual config file? I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't work.
No there are values I just don't want them posted on the list.

> Have you tried watching the output of the script, if any? Anything in
> the error logs? Debug output in the script to see where it gets?
Will setting DEBUG mode in horde/config/conf.php work since this is run
by the php binary?
Couple of interesting data points when in debug mode I see entrys for
tomarrows date 4 hours in advance. Like this:

Sep 17 03:15:03 HORDE [debug] [kronolith] SQL Query by
Prefs_sql::retrieve(): SELECT pref_sco
pe, pref_name, pref_value FROM horde_prefs WHERE pref_uid = ? AND
pref_scope = ?, values: sd,
 horde [pid 25878 on line 148 of
"/path/to/horde-webmail-1.1.3/lib/Horde/Prefs/sql
.php"]

also when I run php -a ./reminders.php
I get :
Interactive mode enabled

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function _detect_webroot() in
/path/to/horde-webmail-1.1.3/config/registry.php on line 54

> -chuck

Steve Devine
Email & Storage
Academic Technical Services
Michigan State University

313 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-432-7327

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra