[horde] share sql driver and bitwise operations

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Sep 19 08:18:02 UTC 2008

>> The only issue/concern that comes to mind is how would we handle
>> "custom" perms. For instance, in Kronolith we use a PERMS_DELEGATE
>> constant.
>
> Since we have per-app (or really we should start thinking about and
> naming these as per-share) tables now, we could just add that column
> to the Kronolith share tables, and extend the Perms_sql code to know
> about custom permissions and check for them (add a new perm to the
> standard set).

But how to do this BC wise? Maybe we offer this as an alternative BC
breaking driver behavior for high traffic sites, where we can expect
that administrators know what they are doing.
This doesn't seem to be necessary for any mid-size sites, and even
Duck doesn't experience any problems with the current implementation
(see the earlier thread about that).

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/