[horde] Dimp: question about "locale"

Gerard Breiner gerard.breiner at ias.u-psud.fr
Fri Sep 19 13:37:21 UTC 2008

Gerard Breiner a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> Horde 3.2.2-cvs
>> IMP H3 (4.2.1-cvs)
>> Dimp H3 (1.0.1-cvs)
>>
>> I have some problems of translation english to french .  For
>> instance  Log  Out is  not translated . So I modified
>> dimp/po/fr_FR.po. for having :
>> msgid "Log Out"
>> msgstr "Déconnexion"
>>
>> Then  : msgfmt fr-FR.po -o ../locale/fr_FR/LC_MESSAGES/dimp.mo
>> Then I checked out my modification in dimp.mo by running :
>>
>> export TEXTDOMAINDIR=/www/horde/dimp/locale
>> (LANG=fr_FR; LANGUAGE=fr_FR; LC_MESSAGES=fr_FR; gettext dimp "Log Out" )
>> I get the text "Déconnexion" as expected.
>>
>> Neverthless horde/dimp still showing "Log Out" instead  "Déconnexion".
>> An idea about this ?
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Gerard
>>
> Hum ... I think having the answer
> http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/Install .... I will try tomorrow.
> To be followed....
>
> Gerard

So after modifying my dimp/po/fr_FR.po, I tried to do :  translation.php
make --locale fr_FR --module dimp --no-compendium.
The behaviour of horde becomes instable ... I mean I get a window that
prompt me for downloading Sidebar.php . After doing several reload of
firefox horde is stable again but my new dimp.mo isn't yet taken in
consideration.

Anyway, what is the good way for debugging this kind of problem.

Thanks in advance .

Gerard

--
Université Paris-Sud 11