[horde] Passing Auth from Horde Group to IMP failing

horde at corwyn.net horde at corwyn.net
Wed Sep 24 15:43:03 UTC 2008

CentOS5 running postfix, dovecot. Postfix maintains accounts in
mySQL. dovecot imap/pop authentication works to mySQL. Currently
using custom SQL queries in Horde > Authentication.  The queries at
least appear to be right, as I can log into horde using an account
set up in the mySQL database. I can log in (via command line to IMAP)
to dovecot/IMAP.

I have edited imp/config/servers.php and set 'hordeauth' => 'full' so
users only need to login once and Horde then passes authentication
data to Imp   (http://oli.lugh.ch/horde-workaround.org.html)

If I change horde authentication to use IMP, then logging into horde
also logs into IMP. However, What I would like is to be able to log
into horde using mysql, and have it automatically authenticate to IMP
/ My Mailbox.  What currently happens is that I can log into horde,
but I still have a link to log into My Inbox. Selecting that link
means I have to log in again (same user ID and password).

Besides the change to the IMP config, is there something else that
needs to be set?

thanks!

Rick