[horde] assigning permissions to groups

Mariano Absatz el.baby at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 00:54:31 UTC 2008

Hi,

I just installed a fresh "webmail edition".

I modified the authentication scheme according to
http://wiki.horde.org/SQLAuthHowTo and I'm successfully authenticating users
against a postfix/postfixadmin/dovecot mysql database.

I now want to create a shared addressbook but don't want to allow everyone
to edit it.

I created the addressbook with the admin user, I created 2 different groups
and added users to it.

Now I navigate to "Address Books" => "My Address Books" and hit the "Change
Permissions" button next the new addressbook, I get a window where I can set
permissions for all authenticated users, guest user, a combo for selecting
specific users and a combo for selecting groups... the combo with the users
is filled with all my users, but the combo for the group is empty (although
I have created 3 different groups).

Am I doing something wrong?

Or is this a bug?

TIA