[horde] PHP errors after webmail 1.2 upgrade

Peter Meier peter.meier at immerda.ch
Wed Oct 1 12:11:29 UTC 2008

Hi

>> 3. My datatree remains empty (I'm thinking this isn't actually a
>> problem, but wondering what the preferred method of data storage
>> currently is.)
>
> I would recommend NOT using the new SQL share driver if you have a
> heavily loaded Webmail server.  The older "datatree" driver offers
> substantionally better performance.  If you have less than 100 users, it
> probably doesn't matter which way you go.

jut a question, if you could explain in detail on which experience this
conclusion is made?

As the upgrade guide states:

"The SQL drivers should perform much better than the DataTree versions,
but they have not received the same level of testing, thus the beta
designation."

I think that most of the people (like me) will think, that the SQL
drivers would perform better, but might have some stability issues.
However you now say that this beta designation is more an issue on
perfomance? So people should better not (yet?) switch?

thanks and greets

pete