[horde] [emergency] Unable to connect to SQL server

J. Bakshi joydeep at infoservices.in
Fri Oct 3 13:52:34 UTC 2008

Michael Rubinsky wrote:
> Quoting "J. Bakshi" <joydeep at infoservices.in>:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I have installed horde rpm 3.1.4 in suse 11.
>> I have already configure the sql related settings to authenticate
>> users and checked all configuration multiple times.
>>
>> But After giving the username and password the browser shows
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> A fatal error has occurred
>> Unable to connect to SQL server.
>> Details have been logged for the administrator.
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>> The log says
>>
>> HORDE [emergency] [horde] Unable to connect to SQL server. [on line 441
>> of "/srv/www/htdocs/horde/lib/Horde/Auth/sql.php"]
>>
>>  and the 441 line is
>>
>> if (is_a($this->_db, 'PEAR_Error')) {
>>             Horde::fatal(_("Unable to connect to SQL server."),
>> __FILE__, __LINE__);
>>         }
>>

>> I have no clue about this  :-(
>> Could any one kindly suggest me what is wrong here ?
>> Thanks
>

> Well, the error is just what it says, that Horde is unable to connect
> to the SQL server.  Double check all configuration on both the horde
> and the sql server end. How did you configure Horde to connect to your
> server? Is the server running, can you connect with other tools etc...?
>
> If your unable to track it down, try doing a var_dump($this->_db);
> right before the Horde::fatal line to get a more detailed error.
>

> Thanks,
> mike

Hello Mike,
Thanks for your kind response.

Yes, there were some misconfiguration in conf.php file.  I have just
fixed it and can log in .
But I don't see any email folder here :-(
Regarding the server, it is suse 11 and the horde version is 3.1.4
I have installed horde through yast.

>From test.php there are information about some missing modules like

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Mail_Mime: *No*
*You do not have the Mail_Mime package installed on your system. See the
INSTALL file for instructions on how to install the package. THIS IS A
REQUIRED MODULE!

*MIME Magic Support (mime_magic): *No*
*The fileinfo PECL module (see above) or the mime_magic PHP extension
will most likely provide faster MIME Magic lookups than the built-in
Horde PHP magic code. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how to
install PECL/PHP extensions.

*Net_SMTP: *No*
*Make sure you are using the Net_SMTP module if you want "smtp" to work
as a mailer option.

but php5_pear-mail_mime is already installed here

I have no clue :-(  kindly enlighten me.
Thanks once again
*

Joydeep Bakshi, Linux System Admin
Kolkatainfoservices Pvt Ltd,