[horde] outgoing server e-mail

marta at gostudy.com.au marta at gostudy.com.au
Thu Oct 9 19:34:32 UTC 2008

Dear List,

I'm trying to access my horde email using Outlook in Brazil but I am
having problems sending the emails. This is the text that appears:

The message could not be sent. The configuration of authentication may
be incorrect for the outgoing server e-mail [SMTP]. For help on how to
resolve this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows
Mail" and read the section titled "Issues to send email." If you need
help to determine the appropriate configurations of the server,
contact your email service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was' marta at gostudy.com.au '. Subject
'test', Account: 'Marta', Server: 'smtp.ig.com.br', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response:'530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first.
2sm1488894aga.3 ', Port: 25, Secure (SSL): No, Server Error: 530, No
of error: 0x800CCC78

I already double check with my internet provider, and they told me
that?s nothing they could do for me.

Can someone please help me in this matter?

Thanks Marta