[horde] Delayed Login - IMP - Going through all Mailfolders

Tue Oct 14 15:45:07 UTC 2008

Zitat von Stefanie Clormann <Clormann at ub.uni-heidelberg.de>:

> Dear List,
>
> we do have the following problem:
>
> When logging in, users with big mailboxes and messages sizes
> experience some very long login times.
> This is causes by the IMP-module which scans the complete
> IMAP folder hierarchy for unread messages.
> Is there a way to speed this procedure up?
>
> We do have the following setup in servers.php:
>
> |'imap_config' => array(
>    'children' => false,
>    'namespace' => array(
>        'INBOX/' => array(
>            'name' => 'INBOX/',
>            'delimiter' => '/',
>            'type' => 'personal',
>            'hidden' => false,
>        ),
>    ),
>    'search_charset' => array(
>        'UTF-8' => true
>    )
> )|

You have not told the most important piece : What IMAP Server do you use??
If you have a IMAP-Server with index support it should not matter at
all, for others you can have a look at prefs.php for IMP where you can
narrow down what folders to search for new messages.

Regards

Andreas

--
All your trash belong to us ;-)  www.spamschlucker.org