[horde] memcache session tracking

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Wed Oct 15 18:04:16 UTC 2008

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008, Michael M Slusarz wrote:

> Quoting Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu>:
>
>> Should I merge the change in v1.24 of SessionHandler/memcache.php as well?
>
> It would not hurt.  The main differences is that we do explicitly do garbage
> collection right before we provide a list of Session IDs, and we completely
> honor the 'track_lifetime' param which speeds things up considerably.  This
> second change does mean that if a user is still logged in after
> 'track_lifetime', their session will no longer be counted although this has
> nothing to do with their actual session data (since it is updated every time
> the session is written).

Hmmm, you are right about this.  I have track_lifetime = 1800 right now.
If I leave myself logged in more than 1800 seconds (30 mins), my session
disappears from the tracking list, even though I'm still logged in.

It doesn't seem like there is a way to update the tracker on an infrequent
basis, and it would be a lot of overhead to update every single time the
session is written.

Since destroy() updates the session tracking, I think I'll just increase
track_lifetime to 86400 seconds (1 day).  Does anyone see a problem with
that, or have other recommendations?

 	Andy