[horde] New user -> Install woes -> "phptype" and others

Aaron Dalton aaron at daltons.ca
Tue Oct 28 13:24:04 UTC 2008

I'm a newcomer to Horde.  I have been following the instructions at:
http://www.horde.org/horde/docs/?f=INSTALL.html

I've installed all the pre-requisites and test.php works just fine.  I
get to section 5, Configuring.

1. My server understands PHP.
2. The database has been created and I can indeed log in.
3. This step of copying the *.dist files to plain *.php files was
already done for me it appears (with the exception of one or two).
4. Cron job skipped for now.
5. Test.php runs just fine and all the requirements and most of the
recommendations are installed as well.

6. This step is where everything blows up.  From what I understand I
should just go to http://horde.mydomain.com and continue with the steps.
   However I get a slew of fatal errors in both the main window and
sidebar.  The main error is "Required 'phptype' not specified in
kronolith configuration."  Google only turns up very old posts and the
MARC archives only bring up this error in regards to webmail.

Other errors include:
- Notice: Undefined index: sql in
/usr/home/html/horde/turba/config/sources.php on line 171

- Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an
array in /usr/home/html/horde/turba/config/sources.php on line 171

- You must configure a DataTree backend to use Shares.
[line 47 of /usr/home/html/horde/lib/Horde/Share/datatree.php]

I am sure there is something simple I am missing, I just don't know
what.  Thank you for your time and assistance.
Aaron