[horde] New user -> Install woes -> "phptype" and others

Aaron Dalton aaron at daltons.ca
Tue Oct 28 13:36:06 UTC 2008

Michael Rubinsky wrote:

> Quoting Aaron Dalton <aaron at daltons.ca>:
>
>> I'm a newcomer to Horde.  I have been following the instructions at:
>> http://www.horde.org/horde/docs/?f=INSTALL.html
>>
>> I've installed all the pre-requisites and test.php works just fine.  I
>> get to section 5, Configuring.
>>
>> 1. My server understands PHP.
>> 2. The database has been created and I can indeed log in.
>> 3. This step of copying the *.dist files to plain *.php files was
>> already done for me it appears (with the exception of one or two).
>> 4. Cron job skipped for now.
>> 5. Test.php runs just fine and all the requirements and most of the
>> recommendations are installed as well.
>>
>> 6. This step is where everything blows up.  From what I understand I
>> should just go to http://horde.mydomain.com and continue with the steps.
>>   However I get a slew of fatal errors in both the main window and
>> sidebar.  The main error is "Required 'phptype' not specified in
>> kronolith configuration."  Google only turns up very old posts and the
>> MARC archives only bring up this error in regards to webmail.
>

> Did you do any of the configuration in Administration->Setup?

That's what I thought I was trying to do.  This is what the
documentation says.  I assume it means go to http://horde.mydomain.com,
click on a Setup tab, then an Administration tab, then start in the
Authentication tab.

"6. Completing Configuration

You can now access Horde without a password, and you will be logged in
as an administrator.
Click on Setup in the Administration menu and configure Horde. Start in
the Authentication tab."

*sighs*  I see.  You mean http://horde.mydomain.com/admin/setup/index.php
I'm very sorry to bother you all.  May I suggest, however, that the
documentation in that area be made a little more explicit?

Thank you for your patience and time.
Aaron