[horde] Changing the From: field to use a different name

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Nov 9 10:06:30 UTC 2008

Zitat von eculp <eculp at encontacto.net>:

>> Zitat von Laura McCord <mccordl at southwestern.edu>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to customize by default From: field to use a different
>>> name. Is this possible? What happened is that a user on campus has
>>> the same account name as someone who already graduated but the
>>> From: field is stating the graduated student's name instead of the
>>> current student. I'm trying to see if there is some orphaned
>>> preference that needs to be changed to reflect the current user.
>>
>> You should *really* use Horde's (3.3) feature to remove user data or
>
> I'm sorry but could you please direct mme to this feature.

In the user management interface, click on the "Clear User Data"
button. Or delete the user. If I am not mistaken, there is also a
Horde API method for deleting user data, if you use an authentication
scheme in Horde that doesn't allow you to manage users.
Finally, you should also run all the most recent applications, since
support for clearing user data has only been completed recently.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/