[horde] Memcache server questions

Kevin Konowalec webadmin at ualberta.ca
Wed Nov 12 21:39:18 UTC 2008

We found that using mySQL servers for sessions couldn't handle
anywhere near the load we have on it.  It could be possible that your
memcached pool is too small - how many concurrent users do you usually
see?  If you got a flood of new connections it could have overwhelmed
your server... depending on how many users you have 4 gigs is really
not a lot (we're currently running with 8x4GB servers and once we do
an OS upgrade we'll be going with 16GB servers.  We have about 75-80K
users seeing about 6000-7000 concurrent connections.