[horde] Memcache server questions

Kevin Konowalec webadmin at ualberta.ca
Thu Nov 13 16:40:25 UTC 2008

That's exactly how it works.  That's why we have a large number of
servers so that if one does croak it only affects a small number of
users.  I'm not sure if there's a way to get around this.

Now there's a problem we are seeing with it.  Even with all the
servers we still have people mysteriously getting kicked off all the
time.  I'm not sure if this is a horde bug or if we (still) don't
have sufficient "high tide" memcached capacity.  Since I have yet to
find any sort of metric we can use to determine how much we'd need
for any given load level to prevent overwrites we've just been
playing it by ear and adjusting as necessary.