[horde] Unknown column 'sequence' in 'field list' (Kronolith error)

Luis Felipe Marzagao lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 11:53:27 UTC 2008

Hi:

I have Horde 3.3.1, upgraded from 3.2.x.

I did follow the UPGRADING documentation and executed the
scripts/upgrades/2008-08-29_fix_mdb2_sequences.php, and everything
looked just fine.

In fact, all my horde applications seems to be running just fine, but I
keep getting this on my log file:

Nov 18 09:30:02 HORDE [error] [kronolith] MDB2 Error: no such field:
_doQuery: [Error message: Could not execute statement]
[Last executed query: INSERT INTO kronolith_shares_seq (sequence) VALUES
(NULL)]
[Native code: 1054]
[Native message: Unknown column 'sequence' in 'field list']
 [pid 8887 on line 881 of "/usr/share/pear/Horde/Share/sql.php"]

In fact, there´s no 'sequence' column in my horde_shares_seq table:

mysql> describe kronolith_shares_seq;
+-------+---------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field | Type    | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
+-------+---------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| id    | int(11) | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
+-------+---------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

The sequence field was present on my previous table, which I was able to
see in my backup, and I think that was changed by the aforementioned
upgrade script.

I have MDB2_Schema installed:

[root at centos ~]# pear list
MDB2_Schema      0.8.2   beta

Any pointers? Is it possible to manually fix the problem?

Thanks a lot.
Luis Felipe