[horde] IMP/DIMP/MIMP

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Fri Nov 28 06:09:12 UTC 2008

I am running Horde 3.2.2 (hosted on a ClarkConnect 4.3 server) with a Kolab back end. Works a treat, I love Horde... Imp is version 4.2.

I do most email management via IMAP using an iPhone's inbuilt Mail application. The only thing I can't do on this is Report as Spam or Innocent - I have to log into Horde / Imp to do this. So I installed MIMP 1.1.1 - very easy to do. Works fine, but too simple an interface, no options for Spam management.

So - installed DIMP 1.1. Configured it, can access dynamic mail no problems. The DIMP interface is brilliant - much better than IMP... would like to use it all the time when on my PC.

Couple of issues though:

1. Pointing the iPhone at my server address presents the basic login page, and logging in only gives me MIMP. No selection drop-down list, just straight into MIMP, regardless of whether I point it at https://server/, https://server/horde, https://server/horde/mimp, or https://server/horde/dimp. Once I have logged in and gone into Mobile Mail (MIMP), pointing the browser to https://server/horde/dimp pulls up the DIMP interface. Log out from here drops me back to the MIMP login page. How do I get directly to DIMP? I tried replacing the two files changed in bug 6332 - imp\redirect.php and horde\index.php. With these in, Safari on the iPhone pointed to https://server/horde/dimp asks me to log in, tries to honour the requested DIMP URL, then times out with a "too many redirects" message. Logging in to Horde on its own then going to DIMP still works.

2. On Firefox (PC) https://server/ and https://server/horde drops me into Horde / Imp. Https://server/horde/mimp drops me into Horde (sidebar on left) and MIMP in the frame, and https://server/horde/dimp drops me into Horde (sidebar on the left) and DIMP in the frame, two sidebars. No selection drop down lists anywhere. From Horde / Imp, selecting Dynamic Mail (having added it in config) creates a DIMP interface inside IMP - i.e. again two sidebars. As with the iPhone, typing https://server/horde/dimp after logged in works fine - proper single sidebar. Again, how do I get directly to DIMP?  I have placed the 'target' => '_parent' line in DIMP config in Horde's registry.php. No change, still two sidebars.

I haven't upgraded horde / imp due to the 'packaged' nature of ClarkConnect's integrated setup, but if anyone can help me configure what I have I'd appreciate it.

Cheers
Simon