[horde] Composite auth driver woes

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Wed Dec 17 14:28:18 UTC 2008

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008, Michael Rubinsky wrote:

> The fact that you are seeing login success messages makes me think that this
> is a cache or a stale cookie.  Try clearing your browser's cookie cache.

No dice. :(

It looks like it is managing to login, even on the web browser end of
things.  This might get confusing, but here goes:

We defer auth requests to IMP.  So the HTML title of the login page is
"Mail :: Welcome to Horde"  If you login with a bad username or
password, that title never changes; you just get kicked back to the
same page.  If you login successfully, the title changes to just
"Horde".

If I login on my misbehaving instance, the title _momentarily_ changes
from "Mail :: Welcome to Horde" to "Horde" -- denoting, AFAICT, a
successful login and page load -- and then kicks me back out to the
login page, as though it were redirecting me.

Naturally, I may be reading too much into this. :)

Is there anything I might have configured -- permissions, prefs,
etc. -- that would kick a user out iff other users could be
listed/checked for existance/etc.?

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University