[horde] Lnguage selection from login page

LALOT Dominique dom.lalot at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 08:03:13 UTC 2008

That's the traditionnal problem with user prefs. Normaly, you'll get the
default prefs from the horde setup, french for us.
If you change nothing, you can select your language and it will work as
expected.

But, if you change your pref, you'll be driven by it, and "worst", if an
admin lock that prefs and  you already have that prefs, you will keep it,
without possibility to change it. When you are new to horde, that behaviour
makes you lose time.

So when testing you have to write a small piece of sql request to clean most
of your prefs.For me a good change in horde would be: if something is
locked: never use user prefs

Dom

2008/12/21 Toomas Aas <toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee>

> Hello!
>
>  I am using the latest stable release       1.2.1 OF horde groupware
>> webmail. Everything works fine but from login page the language
>> selected does not work while when selected from preferences it works
>> properly.
>>

> What exactly do you mean by 'work'? The language selection on login page is
> supposed to set the language for login page *only*, AFAIK. If it doesn't
> even do that then there is indeed a problem.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Toomas Aas
>
> ... Fear of crowded holiday shopping: Santaclaustrophobia.

Dominique LALOT
Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseaux
http://annuaire.univmed.fr/showuser?uid=lalot