[horde] : Re: horde login error

Santhosh Kumar A santhoshksfeltd at yahoo.co.in
Tue Jan 13 13:29:44 UTC 2009

I have told erlier that iam a nebie in horde.I want to configure a mail server .So i checked some of them in net.When i heard about horde, i was interested in horde.Though i installed using the wiki-how to install in centos-i could not proceed further.Everytime if i clear one problem, then comes another.The basic problem is that i could not understand how the authentication in horde works.I installed horde as it was said in the Howto.It says to insert data in the user tables .After the installation i couldnt loginto the horde gui.After so much time of googling i could login t horde just after creating the user in the os.When i tried t check the imap server ,it only accepts the system users.Thats my prolbem.

So dont misunderstand me.If any body of you can help me to read  any article to understand the authentication system,,pls.....

Manilal K M <libregeek at gmail.com> wrote: 2009/1/12 Santhosh Kumar A :

> Once I managed to login as admiister and changed  the authentication.But afterwards i cant login to horde.Again i changed the file conf.php-admins parameter, and i cannt login again as administrator.
> In the case of Imap, i can successfully connect as a system user(os user).But i cant connect as horde user. ie as a user created in hordes-user table.
> Kindly help me how its possible again to login as administrator?????
> Thanks
>

> Steve Devine  wrote: Quoting "Santhosh Kumar A" :
>

>> At last i managed to login as administrator.Thanks to all of you.
>> Again iam under problems. After updating te horde as an
>> administrator to change the authentication, i could not login to
>> horde after a reboot.
>> It says te horde error
>>
>> 4 HORDE [error] [horde] FAILED LOGIN for horde [127.0.0.1] to Horde
>> [pid 5722 on line 164 of "/var/www/html/horde/login.php"]
>>
>> Any body can help me ????
>> Thanks again in advance............................
>
> I asked you a question earlier and you did not answer it.
> /Steve
>>
>> Note: forwarded message attached.
>>
>> ---------------------------------
>>  Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy!  Invite them now.
>

> Steve Devine
> Email & Storage
> Academic Technical Services
> Michigan State University
>
> 313 Computer Center
> East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
> 1-517-432-7327

You are doing something WRONG. please understand how the
authentication backend works in horde and imap before proceeding(Refer
wiki).
If you want IMAP server to handle authentication, then you have to
change the the authentication backend to IMAP and then try to login as
an IMAP user. and not as a user in the horde table.
Please note that if you want prompt answer from a mailing list, you
should take time to reply questions asked to you. It seems you have
missed some valuable questions by a list member.

--
Manilal K M : മണിലാല്‍ കെ എം.
http://libregeek.blogspot.com