[horde] webservice/xmlrpc for horde funambol connector

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Jan 14 15:16:56 UTC 2009

Quoting Roberto Polli <rpolli at babel.it>:

> I saw that there's an xmlrpc interface for horde (kronolith, turba). Is it
> stable enough for writing a funambol-horde connector or is better to access
> data directly into DB?

Where do funambol connectors run? I thought they ran on the client. If
that's the case, then you'd be granting everyone read/write access to
your database. That's obviously bad (tm), and anything that does that
will be specifically disavowed and warned against by the Horde project.

The SyncML code is an RPC backend, just like xml-rpc, so it uses the
same facilities available via xml-rpc. Try it out.

-chuck