[horde] : Re: horde login error

Luis Felipe Marzagao lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 12:12:47 UTC 2009

Santhosh Kumar A escreveu:
> Dear friend,
> Iam using dovecot version 1.0.7- imap .
> Mail accounts are stored in mysql database.I can run the imap server by using telnet localhost 143

Can you access your IMAP server through a Mail Client like Thunderbird,
using a real user account?
> The problem is-if i try with a user in the mysql database, it shows No authentication error.But when is telnet by using a system user, it shows ok
> .So i though that it was using the LDAP(am i right).
> So i changed the dovecot.conf file and included the dovecot-sql.txt (using sql queries from table user).But afterwards i cant login the Horde.(Failed login in line 164of "/var/www/html/horde/login.php")

What does these options say in horde module configuration?
$conf[auth][driver]
$conf[auth][params][app]
> CAn you pls explain the hordes flow
> for example-when you login
> first checking goes to dovecot-then postfix then goes to mysql  etc
> (i dont know the exact procedure)
> I mean the step by step process so that I can debug easily.
> i followed the how to from hordes site
>
> http://wiki.horde.org/CentOS5InstallationNotes?referrer=HowTo#
>
> but it doesnt say about dovecot,postfix configuration in detail.

Here are some examples, configurations details:
http://johnny.chadda.se/2007/04/15/mail-server-howto-postfix-and-dovecot-with-mysql-and-tlsssl-postgrey-and-dspam/
> Also i would like to know more abt horde Administrator gui configuration.

Like what?