[horde] Pear modules and switrching from snapshot to releases

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Jan 21 18:34:48 UTC 2009

Quoting Bill Graham <grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com>:

> I switched from running snapshots to running release distributions
> on  one of my installations. As I understand it - distributions
> contain  the Pear modules that the snapshots have in them - but they
> are  internal and do not require the pear modules. I seem to
> experience  weird behaviors that shold not be occuring - I have the
> pear modules  from the snapshots still installed - do I need to
> remoce them ?
>
> This came to light when I was testing Ansel and got the MDB2 data
> field error which was corrected some time ago. The module that was
> corrected in sql_hierarchical.php. I found it existed in two places.
>  One in /usr/share/pear/Horde/Share/ and one in
> /var/www/html/horde/lib/Horde/Share/ .

That depends on what versions you have and which library is first in
your include_path.  You don't *have* to uninstall anything, but make
sure that the libraries you want to use are first in your include_path.

That being said, I'm not sure what error your referring to, or when it
was fixed, but it doesn't look like any changes were made to
sql_hierarchical.php since the last Horde release so I'm not sure what
error your getting or the source of that error.  The only thought I
have is that there was a recent change to one of the fields in Ansel
so if you have had Ansel running before the change was made, you'll
need to run the most recent upgrade script in ansel/scripts/upgrades.

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)