[horde] Horde_Alarm:listAlarms bogging down

Leland J. Steinke steinkel at ctinetworks.com
Sat Jan 24 19:20:48 UTC 2009

We are using Horde Groupware Webmail 1.2.1.  We have user sessions
timing out within minutes of login that were inexplicable because all
the timeouts were set to several hours at least.  The mysqld-slow.log
routinely showed operations on the horde_sessionhandler table timing
out, even after I tripled the timeout from 50 to 150 seconds.

The scripts/alarms.php cronjob was set to run every five minutes.  It
routinely takes more than five minutes to run.  After running out of
other things to try, I disabled the cronjob.  The timeouts stopped
immediately.

We are running mostly stock CentOS5.2 with mysql 5.0.45 and php 5.1.6.
We also use DagWieers's yum repository for extra packages.  Alarms and
sessions are handled by mysql, with memcache helping with the latter.
What can we do to get alarms playing nicely with the rest of our horde
installation?

thanks,
Leland
--