[horde] Bottleneck ? CPU or HDisk IO or RAM

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Feb 4 17:21:31 UTC 2009

Quoting Linux Advocate <linuxhousedn at yahoo.com>:

> p/s : what hardware do u use and how may users do u support?

Right now it is Dell 2650 with 3 GB RAM and software RAID 1 for POP/IMAP,
but response time is down now (2-3 seconds sometimes rather than tenths
of a second as users demand) so we're switching to a setup like yours
(Dell 2900, 4 GB, quad-core, perc 6/i with RAID-1 for system, RAID-10
for data, SATA drives all around).  I _hope_ it works well. :)  Will now
once deployed...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.