[horde] $conf[user][select_view] has no effect

Florian Oszwald oszwald at web.de
Wed Feb 11 13:12:09 UTC 2009

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 19:30:59 +0100
> From: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
> Subject: Re: [horde] $conf[user][select_view] has no effect
> To: horde at lists.horde.org
>
> Zitat von Florian Oszwald <oszwald at web.de>:
>
> > Dear list,
> >
> > I am running the latest version of horde webmail
> > with dimp, imp and mimp installed.
> > Furthermore I use dovecot for authorization via imp
> >
> > Logging in as admin in horde and changing the following parameter in
> > configuration of imp:
> > $conf[user][select_view]  is set to "yes"
> >
> > has no effect.
> >
> > At login the user is not prompted to choose between imp, dimp or mimp.
> > Next, when I change the above parameter to "no" and change the then
> > appearing parameter "force to dimp" --> at next login it is still
> > imp that starts.
> >
> > I checked, that the conf files have write permissions, and that the
> > conf.php in  horde/imp/config has the changed values in it.
> > I also searched the web and read some threads regarding this topic.
> >
> > I may be blind and would highly appreciate any help.
>
> This only works if IMP is providing authentication for Horde. How did
> you configure authentication, and are you sure that the login screen
> is imp/login.php?
>
> Jan.

Hi Jan,

thank you very much for your reply.
1) the URL I log into is: www.example.de/horde
2) If I change the path by entering www.example.de/horde/imp/login.php I get redirected to www.example.de/horde/login.php?url=/horde/imp/login.php&nosidebar=1&horde_logout_token=...&app=imp
3) In configuration settings $conf[user][alternate_login] is false; $conf[user][select_view] is set to yes
4) configuration of authentication: I used this howto: http://wiki.horde.org/SQLAuthHowTo?referrer=HowTo# saying: Edit horde/imp/config/servers.php and set 'hordeauth' => 'full' so users only need to login once (Horde passes authentication data to IMP)

Thank you very much for your advice.

Regards,
Florian