[horde] Asterisk dialler

Chris Hastie lists at oak-wood.co.uk
Wed Feb 11 15:58:20 UTC 2009

I've recently put together a small module to dial out via an Asterisk PBX,
providing the telephony/dial call so that contacts can be called directly from
Turba.

Obviously everyone's telephony set up tends to be a little different so I'm
curious if there is enough interest in this to make it worthwhile me spending a
bit of time tidying it up and contributing it.

The module uses the Asterisk Manager interface and the Originate command. It is
useful primarily in a corporate environment where Horde is being used for
groupware and Asterisk for telephony, with all Horde users using the same
Asterisk PBX. As it stands the following are global config parameter:

The host on which the Asterisk manager runs
User name for Asterisk manager
Password for Asterisk manager
Context in which calls are placed
Initial priority for calls
International dialling prefix (ie what shall we replace a leading '+' with)

The following are user preferences:
The extension/channel to originate the call from
How long to ring that channel before giving up

The module has no display pages - it simply sets a notification with the results
and then redirects to the page it came from.

--
Chris Hastie